Tuesday, August 6, 2019

{I Will Be Your Friend}

A 6-year-old boy named Blake is highlighting the power of kindness and friendship just in time for back-to-school season, wrote Caroline Bologna for HuffPost.  Last week, Blake’s mother, Nikki Rajahn, posted a photo of her son wearing a shirt that says I will be your friend on Facebook. She also shared the sweet backstory.:

“I told him that as a back to school gift, I will make him any shirt he would like. It could have anything- a basketball theme, football, etc. which are all his favorites,” she wrote. After thinking about it, Blake asked her, “will you please make me a shirt that says ‘I will be your friend’ for all the kids who need a friend to know that I am here for them?”

The Georgia mom ended her caption with the hashtag #stopbullying and concluded, “Never underestimate your kid’s heart for others! I love my sweet Blake!” The post has received more than 10,000 likes, and the comments section is filled with positive reactions and requests for the mom to make more of these shirts.


{This post is dedicated to my great-niece Maggie who turns 9 today...and is a great friend! xoxo}


No comments:

Post a Comment